Removal from website

Your first port of call for any campaign-related questions. Find out what all the different petitions mean, who you can contact to voice your objections, how you can participate in the campaign to help make a difference and much more...

Removal from website

Postby Deleted User 88 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Last edited by Deleted User 88 on Sun May 15, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 88

Re: Removal from website

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks for posting, Amanda.

You raise a couple of issues, so I'll deal with each in turn:

1) MY PERSONAL DETAILS ARE BEING PASSED ON AND USED FOR OTHER MEANS WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AGREEMENT

If any of your personal details are being passed on and circulated without your consent, it is extremely unlikely that those details are originating from this forum.

(I'll not say "impossible" but when I say "extremely unlikely" I mean as close to impossible as you can get.)

Nevertheless, if, despite my assurances, you still believe that the details in question are originating from this forum, please can you state why and I will look into it as a matter of urgency.

I need some clear evidence please - this will help me track down and fix the issue (if there is an issue).

If there is no issue of course - and I strongly suspect there isn't - then there is no problem to be dealt with at this end.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Sun May 15, 2016 6:10 pm

2) PLEASE DELETE ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME INCLUDING MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

I have updated the software build so that you are now free to delete your own account at any time. If you do delete your account and you later decide you want to re-join the forum, please use the account name Amanda Lindley - many thanks.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Sun May 15, 2016 6:10 pm

3) I HAVE NOT AGREED THAT MY EMAIL ADDRESS BE CIRCULATED OR USED.

Quite right too. And, to reiterate as explicitly as possible, this forum is neither circulating nor using the email addresses of the individuals who have signed up to be forum members.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Sun May 15, 2016 6:11 pm

4) OTHERS ARE HAVING THEIR USERNAMES CHANGED OFF THE BACK OF THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES AND THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND AN INVASION OF THEIR PERSONAL PRIVACY

In the politest terms possible, in what capacity are you speaking for these others? I hope you agree it is for the individuals themselves to say if it is unacceptable or not, isn't it?

Of course, if it is unacceptable then they are free to delete their forum account at any time.

It is a condition of this forum that members post using their real names - just as they would on Facebook.
Alan Lansdowne

5) INCUDING POSTING ANY FORMER NAMES PEOPLE MAY HAVE PREVIOUSLY HELD.

Yes, this did happen once - it was an unintentional mistake and quickly and straightforwardly rectified.

The individual concerned made a request in the appropriate thread, which I responded to quickly.

Following which, I understand, everything was to the individual's satisfaction.
Alan Lansdowne

6) THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE AN OPTION TO REMOVE MYSELF. PLEASE REMOVE MY REGISTRATION AND POSTS AND EMAIL.

Thank you for drawing my attention to this, Amanda. It had not caught my attention that with the previous software build, there was no option for individual users to delete their own accounts and remove themselves from the forum.

I have now updated the software build so that you are free to delete your own account at any time. If you do delete your account and you later decide you want to re-join the forum, please use the account name Amanda Lindley - many thanks.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Kaz Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Very well put Alan :D
Kaz Taylor

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Hands Off HRI