Hello

Understandably passions are running high and everyone has a voice they want to be heard.

Not every opinion or observation relates directly to the Let's Save Huddersfield A&E campaign however.

If you want to talk about something and you think it might not be immediately relevant to the campaign, please have your conversation here.

Hello

Postby Judy Singleton » Fri May 06, 2016 9:15 am

Does anyone come on here?
Judy Singleton

Re: Hello

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Sat May 07, 2016 8:56 am

Simple answer:

The more the forum is utilised, the more people will use it.

The less the forum is utilised, the fewer people will use it.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Judy Singleton » Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Fair point Alan I was thinking if the government can back down with the idea of academy's then why can't CCG admit they are wrong
Judy Singleton

Postby Ian Bagshaw » Wed May 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Some people find it very difficult to be critical of their own work. It is a very common phenomenon, I almost always had someone check through my essays at University for the similar reason that it is difficult to critique your own sentences. Once they have been formed in your mind, refined and written/typed they are quite firmly placed and difficult to substitute due to familiarity.
Ian Bagshaw

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 am

Having a well-exercised Sense of Fallibility is a skill rarely taught and seldom learned.

It is very, very important though.

It is important that every individual, every organisation can contemplate that even though they've done lots of work, reviewed all the options and are 99.9% convinced they have covered all the bases and that they are absolutely right... they can still be wrong.

It's important that every individual and organisation can comprehend that, even when they don't see where the problem is, even if they are convinced there is no problem, they can still be wrong.

When this Sense of Fallibility becomes more developed, a curious thing happens.

You start to invite people pointing out problems and errors and you start to welcome others showing you where you've made a mistake. Because at this point, you won't only get all the things right you would have got right on your own, you'll also start to get things right you never would have even noticed or realised were wrong.

The amazing transformation comes when you start to enjoy (just a little bit) being wrong.

Because being wrong and seeing what it is you've done wrong and how you could have done it better means you've just learned something... and that means in future you will be able to execute even better than you've ever been able to before.
Alan Lansdowne

Postby Alan Lansdowne » Mon May 16, 2016 9:05 am

Judy Singleton wrote:Fair point Alan I was thinking if the government can back down with the idea of academy's then why can't CCG admit they are wrong

I'm glad you thought that, Judy, because the very same thought occurred to me when I saw this on the news.

That if anyone claimed that the Ministry of Health couldn't back down or do a U-Turn on a high-profile policy decision, there was evidence right there that the Ministry of Education had just done exactly that! 8-)
Alan Lansdowne

Return to Speakers' Corner